Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy BEARthday!

There is a Build-a-bear stamp set with the sentiment Happy BEARthday that I wish I had. I have wanted it several times, but just haven't committed to buying it. I probably will buy it one day and wish that I had bought it sooner!

a 003

So for this birthday card, I used the Build-a-Bear BigZ Die for the Big Shot and the Beary Accessories Sizzlit die for the clothes. The bear was a scrap that was lying on my desk for a while now. My daughter cut it from a scrap of poster board. It was very sturdy and survived being on my desk for several days. This is an accomplishment! I don't even survive my desk sometimes! So, I decided it would be a cute Polar Bear! I sponged the edges with Going Gray classic ink to just add a touch of color. The Polar Bears I see on Animal Planet are sort of yellow, but that didn't look so good. The gray makes her look like she needs to shave her legs! LOL

 a 004

The clothes (click for a closer view) were made using papers from the Welcome Neighbor designer series paper pack that I got FREE from Sale-a-bration! Her heart, bow, and belt area have Dazzling Diamonds on them. A girl's got to have some bling!

I attached the bear using SNAIL adhesive, but I put 2 dimensionals behind her hand to make it look like she is waving. I cut a 1"x4.25" strip of whisper white and punched it with the Scallop Trim Punch. I then cut about 1/2" off the bottom of the front of the card, then attached the scallop trim whisper white piece under the front edge as a decorative touch. The card base is made using Melon Mambo.

Hope you enjoyed this project! I enjoyed stamping and creating it! I haven't stamped much lately. I'm going to have to change that!

Thanks for stopping by today! Call or email me to place an order!

siggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.