Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wall Art: Name/ Initial Signs, Painted decor, and Bulletin Boards



















And now for another installment of Projects by Leslie. I make initial and name signs for gifts for my girls' friends and word has gotten around that I do. This year we have a new elementary school opening in our city to replace an old school with mold problems. Several of the teachers requested that I make them name signs to hang on their doorknobs of the classroom. Then I was asked if I could decorate a small bulletin board for my daughter's teacher. I suggested a ceiling tile, which works great and is about $3 at the hardware store (See letter G photo). I have several more orders for these bulletin boards and more orders coming. You will see the bulletin board project here too. Finally, you will see a wall art piece I did for my cousin's daughter: Princess. I have a problem with not stopping... just going a bit further. I understand less is more, but I question just how much less, so I keep adding until I have passed more! Next time, less green dots. The ELSA piece was a sheet of DSP with embossed flowers on it, which I added Cricut Storybook cartidge letters...so simple.














I hope you enjoyed this last installment. I will post more photos soon. I have so many new stamp sets from Stampin' Up! to try out, a mini-album I want to make, a 12x12 scrapbook page frame to decorate, and more. So projects will be ongoing.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. So Cute! I love the Elsa one! Very pretty. I like how you tied the knot at the top. I will have to do that when I make another one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.