Monday, April 19, 2010

Famous Quotes, Funny Quotes, and more Quotes!

I like to post project to inspire each and every one of you. I also post things that I need to remember or keep in one place. I needed a quote today, and I had to look in what seemed like 50 different places to find the one I wanted. So, for the next few days, I will post the different sentiments, quotes, and journaling prompts.

When I am scrapbooking or making a mini album, I like to use quotes as an embellishment for pages. Sometimes it serves as the journaling for a page. I like funny quotes, inspirational quotes, and even quotes by famous people.

Today I will be sharing with you some of these quotes and where I found them. I use these by printing the quote on cardstock then inking the edges and adding it to the page or by simply handwriting it on a journaling tag.

First, here are some quotes from a site that is no longer in service and more from other places I have gathered over time.

  • Anonymous: The secret of life is not to do what you like but to like what you do.
  • Kevin Costner: When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment, or the moment defines you.
  • Anonymous: Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.
  • Mark Twain: It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
  • Sam Ewing: It's not the hours you put in your work that count, it's work you put in the hours.
  • Anonymous: Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.
  • Anonymous: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Emily Dickinson: Hope is the thing with feathers
    That perches in the soul.
  • Dr. Seuss- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
  • Dr. Seuss- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!
  • Dr. Seuss- Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
  • Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. Albert Einstein.

These quotes are from Albert Einstein!

  • "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
  • "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
  • "Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
  • "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
  • "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
  • "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."  (I love this one so much, I may add it to my blog header!! LOL)
  • "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
  • "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

So mushy even Hallmark gagged…

  • Just knowing you are out there thinking about me, caring about me, makes me feel safe.
  • Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
  • You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
  • All my fears and yesterdays wash away and all that is left is your embrace.
  • You make me thank God for every mistake I ever made, because each one led me down the path that led me to you.
  • I’ll be back when the winds and fates and chance bring me back…when our souls will join in an eternal embrace.

On this site, The Perfect Title, you will find a collection organized by topic and theme of titles and journaling prompts. They range from the simple Darling Daughters to the more complex statements, such as Mothers and Daughters grow closer when Daughters become Mothers.

Funny Quotes from random places I don't remember anymore:

  • Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue. Dilbert
  • Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. Anonymous
  • The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch
  • If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
And last, but most important, the best quotes of all time are from the Bible, There are thousands, but these are my favorites:
  • "An He said unto me, my grace is sufficient for thee, my strength is made perfect in weakness, most gladly therefore will i rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)
  • "The Lord is good; a stronghold in the day of trouble. He knoweth them that trust in Him." Nahum 1:7
  • "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings of eagles, they shall run and not be weary. Isaiah 40:31
  • "From the depths I called for help, and you listened to my cry". Jonah 2:2
  • "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble". Psalm 9:9

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a blessed day!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.