Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Using Fabric & Your Big Shot Part 3

Ahhh..the power of the Internet! ARRRGGHH! No power to the Internet! I am so sorry! We had bad storms and subsequent Internet problems since yesterday afternoon. I create some posts ahead of time and then go in and add daily commentary, etc. That is why there was this big paragraph announcing the winner and thanking everyone who participated, but NO WINNER name! I was going to add it in yesterday afternoon, when I chose it. Well, without further ado...

And The Winner Is...

Amy V!

She subscribed, referred a friend, posted on her blog, and commented about the challenge! It seemed that the tables were tipped in her favor. So, Amy V. Congrats! I will be shipping out your huge package of Blog Candy this week!

onesie

Isn't this onesie darling? Click on the picture for a closer look at the details! A package of 3 Gerber Onesies is less than $5.00. You use around 1/8th of a yard of fabric for about $1.00 or less. The result is a fantastic gift for that precious baby girl for under $3.00!! It is simple to make too! By the way, you can make Onesies for boys too, maybe not with a flower though!

Instructions and Supplies:

Accessories

  • Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon #109067
  • Sizzix Big Shot #113439
  • Pennant Bigz XL die #113438
  • Scallop Circle #2 Bigz die #113469

Supplies from your local fabric or discount store

  • 1" wide elastic
  • Sewing machine and thread
  • Baby onesie
  • Fabric

Instructions

  1. Die cut 12 pennants using Big Shot and Pennant Bigz XL die. Gather and adhere to 1" elastic using sewing machine and thread.
  2. Die cut seven small scallop circles using Big Shot and Scallop Circle #2 Bigz die. Fold over five scallops and adhere to collar of onesie using sewing machine and thread.
  3. Die cut 10 small scallop circles using Big Shot and Scallop Circle #2 Bigz die. Gather the circles across three of the scallops on the same double-thread. Tie off.
  4. To create ribbon flowerette, tie a knot in the end of Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, then tie a new knot every three inches. Gather the ribbon in between each knot.
  5. Adhere ribbon to flower, then sew entire piece to onesie.
  6. Wash and dry to give a shabby-chic look.

Order supplies to make this Onesie and other fabric gifts from me today, or you can host a workshop, where we can use fabric to make a project! To learn more about how to get a Big Shot Bundle from me for a phenomenal price, click on the button on the right side panel or email me today!

signature

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am so excited! I can't wit to get all those goodies! I can't wait to see what you have made with swirls. Thank you for the candy!

    That dress onsie is just the cutest thing! So precious for a little princess! I would love to see a video b/c I am not sew savy! LOL! I don't even own a sewing machine! Someday! Anyway, great project! I am loving this series! SEW Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.