Sunday, March 14, 2010

Coaster Purse: More Before & After

My plans for a day filled with Build-a-Bears and making invitations, samples, and project plans for my daughter's Stamp Camp, were completely upended this morning. I just could not get motivated to start them. Mainly because I wanted to make a sample tote bag using fabric and the Build-a-Bear die, and I didn't have any fabric or totes. So instead of making life easy for myself, I started another Before & After project. I got this great idea from from Holly on Stampin' Addicts. You can join Stampin' Addicts for free, and if you do, mention my name when you join. I am CreativePzazz on that site too!

Anyway, the Before photo is missing because I forgot to take it! I used coasters. Simple ordinary chipboard coasters. You could even use chipboard. Stampin' Up! has great On Board Basics Board to use for this too. Personally, I always pick up the coasters from the table when we go to a restaurant. Most of the time, unless my husband really fusses at me, I will even ask the waitress for a couple of extra. They are more than willing, especially when you tell them what you use the for. Always carry a business card and a sample or two of your work in your purse to share. Who knows you may have met a future customer or stamping friend!

Sooo, for this project I used the Big Shot Fancy Favor Die and used sticky strip to attach a decorated coaster to the front and the back, then I added a piece of the Old Olive striped grosgrain ribbon as a handle.

Untitled

side back
  • Background: I used the Welcome Home Designer Series Paper just as it is!
  • Grass: Two strips of Old Olive paper that I snipped along one edge then inked.
  • Sun: Punch the Summer Sun with the Scallop Circle punch, then put the circle back in the Scallop Circle Punch and punch it again on top of each scallop. Sponge Summer Sun ink all over the shape. Sponge Pumpkin Pie ink over all the points. Finally, I sponged Dusty Durango just over the very tips of the points.

This is such a simple project to do, but if you would like detailed instructions, please just email me or leave me a comment. Using the Welcome Home Designer Series Paper makes it a breeze!

signature

Supplies used for this project:

  • Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper
  • Summer Sun 12x12 Textured Cardstock
  • Old Olive cardstock
  • Old Olive 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon
  • Sweet Pea Felt Flowers
  • Scallop Circle Punch
  • Big Shot Fancy Favor Die

1 comment:

  1. Love this project! You know how much I love coasters! I also love the sun! I have to remember the tricks like this and the fun thins you can do with the top note! I always forget these cool things! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.