There are so many possibilities for using your Big Shot and fabric that I can't even begin. I have tried the past few days to bring you just a few simple ideas, although predominantly for girls, that you could use. We can look into more ideas, if you book a workshop with me!! I hope you have enjoyed learning more about fabric and the Big Shot.
Here are some other ideas for using your Big Shot with fabric and the dies that can be used. I am sure that there are 100s more ideas, but here are a few:
- Quilting- scallop circle, scallop square, circles #2, pennant die, 5 point star, flower folds, and more.
- Appliqués- scallop circle, scallop square, circles #2, pennant die, snowflake, 5 point star (makes a flower too), flowers, leaves, Beautiful Butterflies, and more. The Build-a-Bear die works great for this too!
- Embellishments for scarves, shirts, tote bags, bibs, burp cloths, aprons, tea towels, and virtually anything else that will be still. You can use any of the dies for these applications!
- Home Decor: Add to pillows, curtains, sheets, and more!
- Wearables: Add to shirts, pants, pins, flip flops, and more! You can use any of the dies for these applications!
- What about boys?:
- Use the Big Shot to cut letters to appliqué on a shirt, pillow, or duffle bag. You don't appliqué? Then use fusible webbing attached to the fabric, die cut the letter, then iron on!! Looks great!
- The 5 point star looks great on a boys shirt, pillow, or duffle bag.
- Leaves, snowflakes, and words always work for boys too! Cut a circle from orange fabric and sew on (or use fabric paint) the stripes for a basketball! Do this same technique for other balls.
- Use the Pennant die and your teams colors to make a pennant for a shirt or pillow!
- Use the stars#2 die and add stars, lots of stars, to a shirt or pillow. Even cutting these out and hanging them from a mobile would be a great gift for a baby boy!
- Don't forget the Build-a-Bear die, which has all sorts of boy accessories for the bear! Little boys love these!
- Purses and Totes: I featured these in an earlier post. Click here to go to that post.
While I am not a seamstress in any way, I can sew straight lines, which is all that is required for these fabric projects: this one, this other one, this one too, and don't forget this one! If I can do it, I KNOW you can!!
You can't sew? You don't want to sew? Well, guess what? Many of these projects can be made without the first stitch! Some can be glued with fabric adhesive, Sticky Strip, Fusible Web or Heat-n-Bond, or Hot glue! Just ask me how!
I've got you interested now, don't I? Check out the Big Shot Bundle I have for you that will save you money off the catalog price, just click on the button to the right. Host a workshop, where we can use the big shot, and you could save even more! Contact me today!