For Valentine's Day this year, my daughter wanted to give her classmates some suckers. We made cute boxes for the suckers for Halloween, so I knew I had to do something different fo Valentine's Day!
When I set out to make these sucker holders, I had to choose a stamp set to use. I didn't have the stamp set that was used in the sample in the magazine, and I don't own a Valentine's stamp set. I do have the Sweet Centers stamp set for using the Sweet Treat Cups, but that stamp was way too large, and I didn't want to use the Sweet Treat Cups. I thought of the Pun Fun stamp set, and looked at the different stamps, thinking some would work just fine for Valentine's Day! I think this is a Hot Tip for everyone today: Look at the stamp sets you have and see if you can use them for a different purpose than you originally thought!!
Below are the instructions and shopping list for today's project. Stop by tomorrow to see a video tutorial on making these sucker holders!! To place an order, please email or call me!! 334.493.2511 or email@example.com.
- Cut a piece of Real Red cardstock that is 2 1/4" x 6"
- Score it at 2.5" and a 3.5"
- Use your Stampin' Write Markers to "color" your stamp. Before you stamp, breathe heavily (huff) on the stamp to moisten the inks again.
- Stamp onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Trim it down to 1 3/4" x 2 1/16".
- Use the Ticket Corner Punch to notch the corners of the cardstock. (See HOT TIP in tomorrow's video for "Faking the Ticket Corner Punch" using the Crop-a-dile!)
- Apply SNAIL adhesive to the back of the stamped piece and center it on the top scored section.
- Take a DumDum sucker and put a Mini Glue Dot on the center of the top of the sucker.
- Stand the DumDum sucker on its head in the middle of the center scored section of the Real Red cardstock.
- Apply two mini glue dots to the back corners of the Real Red cardstock section that has the stamped piece attached to it.
- Fold to bring the opposite corners together and press to secure the mini glue dots. The sucker will be moveable at this point, so don't stress if it is not quite straight.
- I added some heart punched with the Heart to Heart Punch on the back side that were stamped with the For You stamp from the Vintage Labels stamp set. These were attached with small pieces of Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I cut a 4" piece of Red Gingham 1/4" Ribbon and tied it onto the stick in a knot.
|156||106545||Real Red 12 x 12 cardstock||$7.50|
|155||100730||Whisper White 8.5 x 11" cardstock||$7.50|
|60||115054||Pun Fun Stamp Set||$32.95|
|6 (SAB)||118392||Vintage Labels Stamp Set||FREE w/$50 order thru 3/31|
|192||103683||Mini Glue Dots||$4.95|
|183||104827||3/16" Red Gingham Ribbon||$7.50|
|154-157||Stampin Write Markers in the following colors: Brilliant Blue, Basic Black, Real Red, Regal Rose, Gable Green, YoYo Yellow||$3.25 each |
$31.25 for a set of 12
|186||113694||Heart to Heart Punch||$15.95|