Isn't this darling? The ribbon is some that was on some socks I got for Valentine's Day. (Before you cringe, fluffy soft socks are priceless to me because of my MS pain, so you don't have to feel sorry for me.)
I made this keychain as a last minute gift for Valentine's Day, but ended up giving the recipient something else. I get to keep it! Yea!
The idea came from a necklace I saw a lady had made, so you could easily turn this into a necklace instead. It would also be a beautiful tag for a nice gift!
It was simple to put together.
- Use Tombow Multi glue to glue the Designer Label Holder to the Designer Series Paper. I used the Sending Love DSP. Note: There is a punch for the Designer Label that you could use (and it would be easy to interchange papers), but I chose to glue it to the paper to make it more sturdy. Also, glue a Designer Label holder to a piece of plain cardstock. I used Very Vanilla.
- I stamped my image on the Very Vanilla cardstock using Chocolate Chip ink after it was glued to the label holder so I could see which stamp would fit. I used Schoolbook Serif Alphabet. There are many other alphabet stamps that would work in this situation too. You could also try Calendar Alphabet and Numbers to see if you could write a whole name!
- I added a small stamp of the flower from Tote-ally Tess to give a bit of color on this side using Pretty in Pink ink.
- Add Very Vanilla brads to the bottoms of both Designer Label Holders. Be careful to bend the legs of the brads upwards in a V shape to keep them from sticking off the sides.
- Use your scissors or craft blade to trim the excess paper around the Designer Label Holder. I angled the blade to the back of the holder just slightly to get the cut further in.
- Glue the two Designer Label Holders back to back with the brads at the bottom.
- Add a jump ring to the top going through both label holders.
- This is when you can add a clip as I did or a keychain link to make a keychain, or you can add a ribbon or chain to make a necklace!
Thanks for stopping by today.
|155||101650||Very Vanilla Cardstock 8.5 x 11"||$7.50|
|13 OM||117153||Sending Love Designer Specialty Paper||$11.95|
|192||110755||Tombow Multi Purpose Glue||$3.95|
|151||113510||Schoolbook Serif Alphabet||$43.95|
|178||112454||Hodgepodge Hardware- Styled Vanilla||$29.95|
|41 OM||118595||Tote-ally Tess||$16.95|