Friday, January 8, 2010

Organization Tips and Hot Tips!

Editted to add: I didn't forget to post! I use the schedule capability of Blogger, and apparently, there was an issue with the posting. Either I didn't get the date right, or Blogger had issues. Don't count me out yet!

Today I have a few photos to show you and an update on the organization project in my craft room.
Hot Tip of the day: Just because something is marketed for one purpose, doesn't mean it wouldn't be great for another purpose. Always think of other ways any item can be used. Use this same technique to look at packaging of items, before you throw it away. This "repurposing" of things that would normally be trashed is a great way to be "green"! Plus, it will save you money, too.

The first two photos are some things I found in the "just for a dollar" section of the Bullseye store that I will call our Hot Tips for the day.

The first photo is of some mailboxes. These are around 4" tall and are super cute! The door does not hinge, so these would make great candy holders sitting on end. I plan to use them for just that either decorating them for a boy (boy's gifts are always hard to come up with), Valentine's gift, or Christmas gift. As the need arises, I will use these, so keep coming back!

This next photo is from the same place, but these cost $2.50. These are containers with clear lids and magnets on the bottom. I don't know if I will use them on a metal strip or not. These would be great for beads or eyelets, because they have a series of holes on the side and a larger opening that you can twist the lid to get a few of the contents out at the time. These would also be great in the kitchen. I am not sure what I will use these for yet, but I got 2 packs, because they were such a great deal. I am sure I will come up with some purpose for them. If not, they would make a great small gift holder!!



Finally, here are the white boxes that I got from Wally World all assembled. I am working on organizing my craft room some today and this weekend. The first box I will was one of the smallest, which I filled with photos. These are the perfect size for 4x6" photos to stand up. I don't know how many I got in there. I also had about an inch of room left on top, to I laid more photos on top of those standing. I was able to lay a 5x7" photo on top without any problem, too.

I don't know how long it will take me to get all the organization finished, but I will be working hard to get it done. Stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget that Sale-abration is going on, which gives you FREE products for each $50 purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Love those mailboxes! So sweet for Valentines! Great storage ideas! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.