Today's card is both of my daughter's favorite! It seems more involved, and there were more steps, but it is still an easy card!
I absolutely love this stamp set! It is Simple Seasonal Thanks, and it is available in the Holiday Mini Catalog. It is a multi-purpose stamp set! It comes with a Thank You note that can be easily personalized. I chose to cut out the thank you note part and attach it to the opposite side of the wooden block. This allows me the chance to stamp the snowman without the thank you note part, just as I did today. My daughters hold a Christmas party each year, and the plan is to use this stamp set for the invitation. Check back soon to see those!
- I used a Certainly Celery cardstock base for the card.
- I also used the Christmas Punch stamp set and stamped the Holly Jolly greeting on Certainly Celery cardstock. I then punched it out using the Curly Label punch.
- Next I stamped the snowman onto Whisper White cardstock using Black Staz-on ink. I cut him out, making sure to cut off his scarf.
- I used the Blender Pens and the Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Pumpkin Pie inks to color in the Snowman hat and carrot.
- Then I used the snowflakes from the Christmas Punch stamp set in bashful blue to add detail to the snowman. Bashful blue works great with any snowy card. You will definitely see more of this color this holiday season.
- Finally, I punched a 1/4" circle from whisper white to use as the ball on the cap of the hat.
- Before I attached anything to the card base, I used the Two-Way Glue Pen to add glue to each snowflake, the ball of his hat, and the brackets around the Holly Jolly sentiment.I then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter over the glued areas.
- For the scarf, I used 1/4" Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon and 1/4" Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon pieces cut to around 3" each. I overlapped them slightly and used clear tape to attache them to the back of the snowman. Then I ran a line of SNAIL adhesive over the scarf area on the snowman and laid down the ribbons on it. Finally I added a button from the Playground Designer Buttons to finish the scarf.
Thanks for stopping by today. Contact me to place an order or to book a workshop.