Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Christmas Cards #3

Today's card uses another of my favorite stamp sets: Baroque Motifs. Again, Baroque Motifs is a versatile stamp set that you can use for any occasion, making it very economical.

The card base was Handsome Hunter cardstock, but Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, or Garden Green cardstock would look beautiful too. Just change your ink colors to match! I love that the cardstock, ink, ribbon, and embellishments all match each other in Stampin' Up!'s 4 Color Families and their In Colors.

When the vine from Baroque Motifs is used as I did today, it is reminiscent of a branch of a Christmas tree. I used Handsome Hunter ink. I also used the stamp set Delightful Decorations and Real Red ink. I punched the Joy ornament using the Ornament Punch and added a bit of Silver Stretch Cord as the hanger. Finally, I wanted to make the ornament shine, so I dabbed on Frost White Shimmer Paint using the Sponge Daubers.

Even simple cards can be beautiful.

Hot Tips:
  • Make sure you wait until the ink dries or you will end up with a PINK ornament.
  • Shimmer paint takes just a little bit longer than ink to dry, so allow time before you touch it.
  • Wash shimmer paint from your sponges to extend the life of the sponge.
  • Stamping the Baroque Motif vine so that part of it is off the page will increase the effect that it looks like a Christmas tree branch. (Do as I say, not as I do. )
Thanks for stopping by today. Contact me if you would like to place an order or host a workshop. Remember: everyone who hosts a workshop before November 30 will receive 2 FREE handmade cards as a gift!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally loving your cards! The medallion stamp is so pretty! Sorry I have been absent. Life got a bit crazy! I'm back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.