Sunday, September 27, 2009

Card: Hummingbird Thank You

This card is from a set of six that I made for a customer. The stamp sets used are Spring Song and Teeny Tiny Wishes, and I used the Watercolor Pencils and the Blender Pens to color the hummingbird and flower image. I used Apricot Appeal for the card base with Rich Razzleberry and Blush Blossom. Accessories used were the Curly Label Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, and the Corner Rounder Punch. The image and Thank You sentiment are attached using the Dimensionals, which give them a 3D effect.

To watercolor a stamped image, you need to ink your stamp with Black Staz-On ink. Staz-On is a solvent based ink, so water will not make it bleed. Using Watercolor Paper is best, but for blender pens you can get away with using Whisper White Cardstock. Then all you have to do is use the Watercolor Pencils to provide color to the image. You don't actually color it in completely like you would in a coloring book. You just add a light scribble over a portion of area for a light shading or a dark outline for more intense color. Then you use the blender pens like markers to spread and blend the colors.

Blender pens have the look and feel of a marker. They are filled with a clear substance that works great for all watercolor applications. You use the blender pen on one color and blend that color into the next. If you want to change colors, you just wipe the blender pen on a scrap of paper until it flows clean again. I would clean my blender pen between the floers and the leaves, but for most of the bird, I just kept blending.

I am not an artist. I have no talent for art whatsoever! All I did was get a photograph of a hummingbird from the internet and add similar colors to my paper! So simple! Thanks for stopping by today. .

1 comment:

  1. What a cute hummingbird! I love coloring witht he blender pens. I shoudl be needing more sooon so i will be placing an order at some point in the future. My mom wants a few things too so I will let you know when we are ready to jump! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.