Tuesday, July 13, 2010

DIY Charms

There are two posts today! There is a card posted after this series of videos! Enjoy!

Today's project is to show you how to make your own charms to go on your tags or scrapbook pages, or to hang on mini albums.  I made these charms for a charm swap that I entered on the Beach. See my link on the right panel or go to Life on the Scrap Beach and join for FREE. I think there are a couple of spots left for this charm swap, if you are interested in joining!

Basically, I was supposed to make 8 charms, they needed to have a bead or button, and they had to have a pin or something to attach it with. I used the pins I made in yesterday's post as the attachment because I didn't want any beads on these particular charms. To meet the requirements, I added some spacer beads and seed beads on some safety pins (that I did not alter like yesterday's pins), and I will send those for each participant as well.

For full instructions watch the video. Sorry there are two parts, but I wanted to share all the tips I learned by doing this process!

Supplies used:

  • Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) in platinum
  • Versamark Ink Pad
  • Heat Gun
  • Needle tool or Tweezers

To make the Heat Proof Tile:

  • 12" ceramic tile (don't go to any expense here, the cheaper the better, in case it breaks)
  • Flat backed marbles (from Michael's)
  • E6000 glue (or other industrial strength glue, such as Gorilla Glue, Goop, etc.)

So after I prepared these charms, I found out that the rest of the ladies in the swap were making charms that were more like Bling than vintage, so I am making different ones! Here is the video about those.

Here is a video showing all the charms, both styles, completed! Plus two things I was working on Sunday afternoon.

Please leave me a comment here or on my YT! Look for a video about more flowers maybe next weekend. Thanks for stopping by today!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.