Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Birthday Card #10

Today I will show you another masculine card. I used the basic gray and Crushed Curry cardstock again.

For this card, I distressed the edges using Tim Holtz's distressing tool and added eyelets with linen thread through them as a border. I stamped in Staz-on ink and then cut the measuring tape from the Totally Tools stamp set from SU! out of soda can metal. I attached it with dimensionals. I stamped, inked and distressed the sentiment and attached it with dimensionals too. Notice that I changed a word of the sentiment to a word that worked both with the sentiment and the stamped measuring tape. Try to look at your images and sentiments in new and exciting ways!

Then I looked at it. The tape measure was hanging there in mid air. "They" say to add a line or something under a stamped image to keep it from "floating" in the middle of an open space. I added a Modern Label punch, which I trimed on the ends to make it be a log shape. I stamped it with my woodgrain background stamp and inked the edges. I sponged on gray, soft suede, and walnut inks to add the depth and color for the log. I do like how it turned out. In hindsight, I would have stamped the Crushed Curry cardstock with the Woodgrain stamp too.

Hot tip: Do not attach anything until you have done a "dry fit" first. Lay everything out and on top of each other before you glue anything down. then you will be able to see if you need to add a background stamp before it is too late! I'm obviously still trying got learn this lesson.

 a 042 a 043

Thanks for stopping by today!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.