Today is Part 3 of the series Before & After. Be sure to check out the rest of the posts in this series. You do NOT want to miss the last post for this series on the last day! You will yell EEK! with excitement! Ooh! That was a hint!
Today's project is turning some patterned paper (Stampin' Up! calls it Designer Series Paper) into something totally new! I was inspired to try this with Stampin' Up! Sending Love Designer Series Paper, because I have seen many other demonstrators do the same thing using the Bride and Bridesmaid Specialty Paper.
It is simple. Start with embossed, foiled, or glittered designer series paper. Brayer or sponge on the color your heart desires. I know, easy, right? You may want to lightly rub a paper towel over the paper after you have inked it to remove the ink from the top of the embossing, etc.
The effect is very stunning with the foiled Bridal Specialty paper shown below.
The next photo shows the dramatic Before & After of what happens if you sponge or brayer ink onto one of the pieces of the Sending Love paper. Yes, those are the same papers!
This next photo shows the sparkle of the papers. Well, this is as good as I could get it to show.
This final photo shows the card completed.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Products used in today's project:
- Sending Love Designer Series Paper #117153
- Scallop Trim Punch #118402
- Pretty in Pink Cardstock #100459
- Basic Black cardstock #102851
- Whisper White Organza Ribbon #114319
- Small Oval punch #107304
- Pretty in Pink Classic ink #101301
- Real Red Classic ink #103133
- Basic Black Classic ink #101179
- Rhinestone Brad (small) #113144
- Stampin' Sponges #101610
- Brayer and Rubber Attachment #102395
- Other: paper towel