Monday, February 8, 2010

Another Use for the Fancy Favor Die

A candy holder using the Fancy Favor die!! Well, at least part of it!!

I think I am the world's worst at seeing an idea online and then forgetting where I saw it. I think the problem is that I will look at several blogs in one night and think that some of the projects are nice. The next day, when I am creating, I start to think about all the projects and combine ideas in my head. Today's project is just that: a combination of ideas I saw here and there. So I will extend my thanks to here and there, whoever they may be!!

SDC10304 SDC10307

For this project I used the Fancy Favor Die, but I did not cut the entire die. I used a piece of paper that was 5.5 x 8" and ran it through the Big Shot using the Textured Impressions #1 Small Dots plate. Hot Tip: Spritz your paper with water or alcohol (dries quicker), and it will make a deeper impression when it embosses! Next I ran the paper through the Big Shot using the Fancy Favor die. I lined the paper up so that it would cut the two gussets (sides of the bag) and one center. That is all you need. For this project I cut all of the bottom flaps off.

SDC10319 SDC10318

I added some Hershey Kisses with Almonds to a small cello bag and tied it off with some leftover Silver Cord that I had. I then used the Heart to Heart punch to punch the front of the candy holder. Lay the bag of candy on the inside of the front of the holder. I added some SNAIL adhesive to the back of the bag to keep it from slipping out and then I used SNAIL and closed the two gussets (the sides) as back flaps. You can see in the picture how these flaps just lay over each other.

To decorate it, I inked two of the hearts with Real Red ink and applied them using a dimensional. I stamped Hugs & Kisses using Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock, punched it out using an old heart punch I had, and inked the edges using Real Red ink. I loved the sentiment, especially considering the contents of the bag!

Thanks for stopping by today. Call or email to place an order!

signature

Products used in today's project:

Page Number Item Price
200 115965 SU! Fancy Favor Die $39.95
192 104332 SNAIL adhesive $6.95
186 113694 Heart to Heart Punch $15.95
155 109055 Very Vanilla cardstock 8.5x11" $7.50
159 103104 Small Flat Cellophane Bag 3x5" $3.95
192 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals $3.95
156 100908 Chocolate Chip classic ink $5.95
156 103133 Real Red classic ink $5.95
157 100459 Pretty in Pink cardstock 8.5x11" $5.50
43 114916 All Holidays Stamp Set $34.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.