Friday, January 15, 2010

Mini-Album!

I made this mini-album for an order and fell in love with it. I made a second one for my mom that was even better. I will show photos of it soon (Translation: I forgot to take photos of it before I gave it to her. Now I have to wait for her to actually give it to me for 5 minutes so I can take photos of it.) In the mean time, you can look at this one. It was so easy to make!

Here are the steps:
  1. The tin was 4 7/8 x 5 1/2".
  2. I cut 8 pieces of paper that would fit in the tin. (Actually for this first tin, I had a 24" piece of cardstock that I cut to fit, leaving each piece connected to the next, creating a continuous piece.)
  3. I then cut a 1 1/2 x 3 1/2" piece of cardstock to be the connection between each piece of paper. You could also use a small strip of ribbon between each piece too, hidden by a piece of cardstock or other embellishment.
  4. Once I had the bindings glued together, I inked and stamped each piece. I used two stamp sets: Medallion and Baroque Motifs. These are both great for backgrounds, plus Baroque Motifs has two word sentiments, kind and cherish.
  5. Then I cut pieces of cardstock to make pockets for each page. I altered the size and direction of the pockets for interest. I used patterened paper, inked cardstock, and texturized cardstock (using the Big Shot and Texturz Templates #1).
  6. Finally, I added stickers, rub-ons, and some vellum quotes. These were not Stampin' Up! They were things I had left over from another project from years ago. No current products used.
  7. I added die cuts from the Chirping Machine and put them on the front of the tin. I wish I had thought of using the alcohol inks to ink up the tin before placing the die cuts. AmyV has a great video tutorial here on how to use alcohol inks. She learned them from the master Tim holtz, himself!
  8. I added a piece of ribbon to pick up the album from the tin and a strip on the front of the tin.
I am looking for a tutorial on how to use the Crop-a-dile to set eyelets. When I do it, the eyelet looks okay in the front (not great), but the back is split open and sharp. Perhaps this is the way it is supposed to be, butI wanted to be sure. I used to have a hammer type eyelet setter that made it look perfect on the front and the back, but I lost it and can't seem to get the same results with the Crop-a-dile. Don't get me wrong, the Crop-a-dile is worth its money! It will cut right through these tins without any extra elbow grease!!
Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! You did a mini! Beware - they are addicting! Thanks for the shout out! I love minis in tins they are so fun and easy to carry around and store! It turned out great, I can't wait to see the other one. As for the Crop-a-dile - I have found a trick. If I use the bottom setting for the smaller eyelets it doesn't break as much. Try using the smaller hump and see if that helps. There is a great video tutorial abou this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoUG-S6o_o0

    ReplyDelete

  2. This is a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it

    bed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.