Here are the steps:
- The tin was 4 7/8 x 5 1/2".
- I cut 8 pieces of paper that would fit in the tin. (Actually for this first tin, I had a 24" piece of cardstock that I cut to fit, leaving each piece connected to the next, creating a continuous piece.)
- I then cut a 1 1/2 x 3 1/2" piece of cardstock to be the connection between each piece of paper. You could also use a small strip of ribbon between each piece too, hidden by a piece of cardstock or other embellishment.
- Once I had the bindings glued together, I inked and stamped each piece. I used two stamp sets: Medallion and Baroque Motifs. These are both great for backgrounds, plus Baroque Motifs has two word sentiments, kind and cherish.
- Then I cut pieces of cardstock to make pockets for each page. I altered the size and direction of the pockets for interest. I used patterened paper, inked cardstock, and texturized cardstock (using the Big Shot and Texturz Templates #1).
- Finally, I added stickers, rub-ons, and some vellum quotes. These were not Stampin' Up! They were things I had left over from another project from years ago. No current products used.
- I added die cuts from the Chirping Machine and put them on the front of the tin. I wish I had thought of using the alcohol inks to ink up the tin before placing the die cuts. AmyV has a great video tutorial here on how to use alcohol inks. She learned them from the master Tim holtz, himself!
- I added a piece of ribbon to pick up the album from the tin and a strip on the front of the tin.
Thanks for stopping by today.