Friday, September 4, 2009

Cards and Organization

Stampin' Up! Cards: Stop! Don't read another word until you click on the picture of the Strawberry Daiquiri. Did you see all that glitz and glam? It is super cute in person. I made this for my daughter's 14th birthday card. She loves Strawberry Daiquiris (virgin, of course). My youngest daughter (9) bugged me to death until I put tiny black dots for seeds on the cherry to make it a strawberry. Wish I hadn't done that, but it is still cute. All products are Stampin' Up! If you would like to place an order, email or call me today. Email: creativepzazz@gmail.com or call 334-493-2511.
To make this card, I used Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, and Soft Suede cardstock. I used the stamp set On a Pedastal and inked only part of the cake pedastal, then stamped it upside down to make the stem of the glass onto Whisper White cardstock. Next I used one of the cakes and stamped it upside down as well. Totally cute. But of course you have to have a cherry in your drink (or strawberry in this case). I used the 2 way glue pen to put Dazzling Diamonds all over the glass (not the cherry). I rounded one corner of the whisper white. Why, you may ask? Well, I can only say that I was under the influence of chocolate. When I first cut my Melon Mambo cardstock as a 1/8" matte, I just wasn't happy with the way it looked. Enter my youngest daughter again, who said I needed to use the Scallop Edge Punch to make it match the drink. Wow!! We might have a graphic artist on our hands. It is all tied up with a piece of 5/8" Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon. It is just too cute and sweet, just like my Megan.

The second card is meant to be a sympathy or get well card. I used a color combination that I have never seen used before, but that I absolutely love. Rich Razzleberry is a new In Color and it seems so rich that it can overpower other colors. I looked for colors that it could play off of in a rich way, but that would help tone it down. Uhhh...that's about as clear as mud. I guess I should just say that I used Rich Razzleberry, Sage Shadow, and Sahara Sand cardstock to make this card. I used the Medallion stamp set on the Sahara Sand cardstock. I then cut Rich Razzleberry to matte the stamped image. Finally, I used the Baroque Borders Stamping Wheel, which I inked using the Rich Razzleberry ink pad, and rolled it across the base of the card. This card opens from the bottom. I was pleased with the way it turned out. I just wanted the Rich Razzleberry to seem more elegant than it does when paired with the other In Colors.

By the way, did you know that this Medallion stamp set is the #1 selling stamp set for Stampin' Up!? I have seen people who used it to create a border in a room or to frame a doorway. I will be using it in a home decor application soon too. The Medallion stamp set is only $17.95 and it stamps a large 5" Medallion. Contact me if you want to order this or anything else you have seen on my blog. Email: creativepzazz@gmail.com or call 334-493-2511.

Upcoming News: I joined a SWAP called MISS Swapp, which highlights certain stamp sets each month from Stampin' Up! I will post a project for it, which uses the #1 stamp set Medallion! Yes, I thought about just turning the card I have already made in, but I really want to do something nice, since it is my first swap.
Also, I am competing in a Creative Challenge. I had an idea for a card floating in the back of my mind since before I was a demonstrator. I ordered a stamp set just to get to do this technique. It is called Triple Dipping. It was my original idea, but it may be something used by other people too. I will post that project soon too. Both of these projects have to be mailed out by Tuesday.

ORGANIZATION: Oh, I almost forgot. I had my hubby build a bookshelf for my craft room. You will see that I have my Stampin' Up! stamp sets on the top shelf, then the second shelf has a box of cards, my Home Decor Elements (Vinyl Wall Art--I sell these too!), retired stamps ( and non-Stampin' Up! stamps) and two black boxes, which hold sponges and other Stampin' Up! materials. He also built a second shelf unit that I designed to hold my ink pads and small boxes of embellishments. I haven't made the boxes for the embellishments yet, but I will post a picture soon, with or without the boxes. It is so nice having my ink pads right where I can reach them. The stamp set shelves are right next to my desk too. LOVE IT! Yes, there will be definitely more stuff on them (trust me--as I take this picture the table behind me has piles that are teetering and majorly disorganized), but as I said at the top of this post... I am just too busy to focus on my wants and desires right now. Maybe next weekend.
Thank you for stopping by today.
Please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.