Monday, August 24, 2009

Tutorial: Post It Note Purses

Post It Note Purse Tutorial:
For this project I took a pack of post it notes (If it is a thick pack I divided it in half) and measured it. For the example shown, the post it notes were 3 x 3" and were 1/4" thick. I get my post it notes at WalMart, dollar stores, or anywhere when they are on sale cheap. I then took a piece of cardstock cut at 3.5 x7 1/4" and scored it at 3.5" and at 3 3/4". I then cut a piece of DSP at 2 1/4" and scored it at 1" and 1 1/4". I glued the DSP onto the cardstock matching the score lines. I glued in the post it notes by centering them inside on the back panel. Then I cut two 5" ribbons and glued them on as handles. I used my Cricut Hello Kitty Font Cartidge to cut the letters at 2" for the front. I then punched out the small flower from the Boho Blossoms Punch from Stampin' Up! and placed a tiny crystal in the center. These were easy to make and inexpensive too. I used them as teacher gifts. You would not believe the comments I got from these gifts. From "what a great idea" to "this will be so handy" to "it is too cute!". This projectis definitely staying in the Use Again pile!

Thanks for stopping by. Leslie
To place a Stampin' Up! order or to order a catalog, please email me creativepzazz@gmail.com or call me 334.493.2511 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have questions, email me at creativepzazz@gmail.com.